It has been restored with the intent to use the car on rallies and spirited driving on back roads. The Sprint was stripped to bare metal and painted the original red color. The engine was upgraded to a 1600 with performance cams and dual Weber carbs. The transmission was upgraded to a rebuilt 5-speed. The suspension has sport springs and adjustable Koni shocks to provide better handling yet not so stiff to be used only on a track. Firestone 185 x 15 Touring tires. Brakes were restored and a new parking brake cable installed as was a new exhaust system.
A new interior has been installed with black leather dash and rear shelf, saddle leather seats, and saddle trim with all original chrome accents. Tan square weave carpet with Dynamat underneath for sound suppression and reduced road noise.
All the glass is factory original and in great condition.
All chrome and stainless steel is new old stock or has been re-chromed or polished.
The original gauges were recently refurbished by Palo Alto Speedometer.
This Sprint also includes the following:
- very rare adjustable Talbot exterior mirrors,
- leather hold down straps for hood and trunk,
- trumpet style air horns,
- seat belts with shoulder straps for driver and passenger,
- a flat Nardi steering wheel,
- the original owners manual with the leather Alfa Romeo pouch,
- complete tool roll, and jack.